• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser First Look - starts in the mid-$50,000 range

How long is/was the wait list for a Ford Maverick?
If this sells in the $50's it would have to rival that at least.
2023 sold out in the first 2 weeks order banks opened up in October 2022 and are still delivering and probably will through the end of the year

I just can't hop on board with 4 cylinders topped off with a bunch of turbo chargers....I just wonder about engine life, not to mention replacing turbos....I say turbo's with an "S" I know there is only 1 here, BUT I was reading about a chevy that has 2 of them....that's 2 too many
They did this back in the early 80s. Didn't work out very well then

They did this back in the early 80s. Didn't work out very well then
nope....AND it won't now, however they are being forced by CAFE....so the user is going to get the ball busting maintenance bill, after warranty, of course...a twin turbo for a 4 cylinder....that will probably turn off at red lights(engine, which will pump no oil to cool the turbo)......effectively cooking the turbo....nope no turbo's for me thank you...

Just think they missed an opportunity to tap into the Wrangler & Bronco market. Toyota doesn't need another small 4 cylinder car based suv.

A new smallish 4Runner with a full frame, V6 & 4 cylinder (maybe a diesel too) options and true off road capability, would be a serious competitor. How many new Broncos and Wranglers do you see every day....? I see a lot.

nope....AND it won't now, however they are being forced by CAFE....so the user is going to get the ball busting maintenance bill, after warranty, of course...a twin turbo for a 4 cylinder....that will probably turn off at red lights(engine, which will pump no oil to cool the turbo)......effectively cooking the turbo....nope no turbo's for me thank you...
It depends on how the turbo is made. I probably wouldn't be a fan of a gas engine turbo. But on a diesel, that's a different story. I have two diesel tubos and I like both of them

Just think they missed an opportunity to tap into the Wrangler & Bronco market. Toyota doesn't need another small 4 cylinder car based suv.

A new smallish 4Runner with a full frame, V6 & 4 cylinder (maybe a diesel too) options and true off road capability, would be a serious competitor. How many new Broncos and Wranglers do you see every day....? I see a lot.
I so want a Toyota diesel....

It depends on how the turbo is made. I probably wouldn't be a fan of a gas engine turbo. But on a diesel, that's a different story. I have two diesel tubos and I like both of them
You can buy a Toyota diesel anywhere in the world except the US. We’re not getting them.

Back
Top Bottom