• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2020 Turkey Season Countdown

Just got off the phone with them and they said it would definitely handle the recoil but he said eye relief may be something to worry about. I wouldn't want me eye too close to that going off because that 835 kicks on both ends. Going to mess around with it this weekend and see if it's a possibility, otherwise he's saying red dot with a magnifier.
Yeah I think you can get it where you need it and not be getting an eye full of scope.

Just got off the phone with them and they said it would definitely handle the recoil but he said eye relief may be something to worry about. I wouldn't want me eye too close to that going off because that 835 kicks on both ends. Going to mess around with it this weekend and see if it's a possibility, otherwise he's saying red dot with a magnifier.

Keep me posted on that.

Most likely not,dont think I can keep up with you young bucks
I understand! I use to get a kick out of taking those for their first turkey. I usually found where they were roosted the night before, and then planed my hunt for the morning strategy. I use to love calling them so close you could hear them drum and watch their wings vibrate during their strutting. Lord knows I miss that..I concur it is a younger hunters challenge..

Got a question. Have any of y’all ever used a copper pot call? If so how do they sound? If not what is your favorite slate, glass, or crystal?
Never used one but to me my favorite is a glass call. I seem to have the best luck with those. I have a slate I carry with me but for some reason it never seems to get pulled out.

Never used one but to me my favorite is a glass call. I seem to have the best luck with those. I have a slate I carry with me but for some reason it never seems to get pulled out.
Yeah my favorite is glass too. I think slate sounds good, but I just don’t think it gets as loud as glass. I’d never seen a copper pot call until I went to cabelas today. I looked up a video on YouTube and they sound damn good.

Yeah my favorite is glass too. I think slate sounds good, but I just don’t think it gets as loud as glass. I’d never seen a copper pot call until I went to cabelas today. I looked up a video on YouTube and they sound damn good.
I'll be stopping by Cabelas later tonight and I'll look and see if there's one I can mess around with.

Back
Top Bottom