• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2010/2011 Bow Reviews.

Well is will tell you the BT assassin is one of the fastest and smoothest bow on thew market a 28" and 60lb with a 360gr arrow it shoots and astonishing 310fps. You can get a faster bow the destroyer is faster but the real world speed does not match when you start puting all the stuff on them. The assassin is an amazing little bow and I could not look for a better bow. And my next choice would have to be the athens 32 smooth in all areas just not as fast ans the price is a little more. But for the z7 to much hand shock for me, good draw just not at that price. And I have draw-ed just about every bow on the market for the hoys to martin and the assassin and admiral are the best I have shot thus far. And I am not dissing mathews but the dont shoot fast enough and have the ke of most bows on the market. So these big cut expendables are a little pointless if you only are going to go half way in. That just bothers me because I see it all the time on tv with guys that shoot mathews.

My father-in-law just bought a new Browning Illusion TC. We spent last night getting it setup. This bow is very nice.

i56.tinypic.com_3tpcl.jpg

Apparently it is made by PSE, with Browning logos on it. ~$600, with sight, quiver, several rubber dampeners, and WB. It is a bit quieter than my Bear Assault, but it is also only a 60# bow (not sure if that makes a difference). It also comes with several dampeners which I'm sure make a big difference. Very nice smooth draw. Has a pretty wide valley, which I think he likes. I like the narrow valley on my Assault a little better (keeps me from creeping). It is a bit heavier than my Assault, which probably makes it a bit more stable. Came with a "Mongoose" peep sight, which is a PIA. The alignment tube kept getting twisted when drawn. Maybe it just needs trained. It is finished in Mossy Oak Break-Up. The lighted PSE 5-pin sight and 6-arrow quiver are both very nice.

Overall, it is a nice, smooth, quiet bow. Maybe a bit more refined than my Assault (as far as machining goes). I still prefer the Assault for my shooting style, but I'd recommend this bow for sure.

I just couldn't ever buy a browning bow. Couldn't buy their fishing equipment either. To me they make great firearms and i don't like when companies try to make a whole range of products. I like ones that make one type of product and put all effort into making that product, just my opinion.

To me they make great firearms and i don't like when companies try to make a whole range of products. I like ones that make one type of product and put all effort into making that product, just my opinion.

Well to be clear, Browning didn't make it. PSE made it, and just put Browning logos on it. And PSE is archery-only. Yes, Browning is kinda pandering to their brand fans, but like you alluded to, I'm glad they left the build to archery experts. PSE did a great job on this bow.

Back
Top Bottom