2005 Dodge Ram eating antifreeze but no visible leaks??

If you dont have an external leak, you would know it if that much was leaking into one or more cylinders. You would have a dead skip on startup and it would have that dead skip until it blew enough out of the chambers and burned the rest. I would definitely pull the trans dipstick before you drove it again. The vehicles that I have seen blow their trans cooler inside the radiator end up leaking trans fluid into the cooling system because the trans system pressure is greater than the cooling system. Its going somewhere for sure. A leak that size should turn up quick. Does your heat smell like coolant? Could be sneaking out the condensate drain from a bad heater core.

Just went through this with my daughters jeep wrangler.It was the water pump had a pin hole.I went ahead and put in a new radiator while I was in there along with new hoses all around.

Don't just add water to the over flow. Ad it to the radiator and bleed the system. If it gets low enough and you don't bleed the system adding water won't help.

My Silverado had a once/3 month leak. After 2 years finally found it - the radiator drain hose that comes UP from the drain valve. Valve wasnt tight.

Get yours running hot and get a flashlight. You'll find it. Is part of the radiator plastic on each end?

I just put a water pump on my 08 ram hemi. Its not hard. Took 4 hours but after doing it but pretty sure I could squeeze it out in 2 to 2.5 hours. Only thing that can be tricky is removing the fan from the pump. The water pump itself has 11 bolts that differ in length. Keep up with what goes where. Do you notice a antifreeze smell when you shut it off and walk around the front? I did on mine, faint smell. Found it leaking from the seep hole.

Back
Top Bottom