• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2004 Yukon XL rear AC not blowing?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
Our Yukon has an intermittent problem with the rear AC. Using the overhead controls by the windshield and when you turn it on sometimes it will blow and sometimes not. For example we drove 40 miles one way and it never came on. Halfway back home it just started blowing without touching any control. The dial was turned on and set to max but not working until halfway home when it started blowing.

There must be a relay or controller going bad I don't know. Any help?

Found my problem and hope this helps someone else.

Before you replace the blower motor module/resistor disconnect the plug to the resistor and check for 13v from blk gnd to red or org hot. If you have it then turn your car off. Go to the drivers side kick panel to the left of the ER brake and take it off. There you will see a blue and white plug about 2 inches wide. Release the blue bar and disconnect the plug. There you will see how hot the pin to the larger orange wire has gotten and turned brown. Inside the connector the pin is discolored as well. Reach in and slightly bend this pin downward. Put the connector back together now that you have a good connection and test. Hopefully yours will be blowing cold again just like mine!!

This should save you a few hundred bucks!

Damn GMC crapola!!

Nice find sir! I Love my 04 yukon, just turned 190k and I had to replace the front wheel bearing $150. But it's paid off and gets my family where we need to go.

Found my problem and hope this helps someone else.

Before you replace the blower motor module/resistor disconnect the plug to the resistor and check for 13v from blk gnd to red or org hot. If you have it then turn your car off. Go to the drivers side kick panel to the left of the ER brake and take it off. There you will see a blue and white plug about 2 inches wide. Release the blue bar and disconnect the plug. There you will see how hot the pin to the larger orange wire has gotten and turned brown. Inside the connector the pin is discolored as well. Reach in and slightly bend this pin downward. Put the connector back together now that you have a good connection and test. Hopefully yours will be blowing cold again just like mine!!

This should save you a few hundred bucks!

Damn GMC crapola!!
Good catch. Ours (03) would start blowing hot air in the summer with the A/C on. Sometimes you could pull over, turn it off and wait a few minutes before starting back up. Other times you had to roll the windows down, lol.

I have 240k on my 2004 XL. Have replaced Water pump and both front wheel hub assemblies. Still runs like a champ.

Good catch. Ours (03) would start blowing hot air in the summer with the A/C on. Sometimes you could pull over, turn it off and wait a few minutes before starting back up. Other times you had to roll the windows down, lol.
I have the same problem with my 04 Tahoe Z71. Power cycling used to fix it too, but now it's just hot all the time so I leave it off. The front air on the drivers side would start blowing hot too and I would have to power cycle. I found on a recent trip, though, that if I just leave it alone, it will go back to blowing cold in a minute. Qwerky little things. I'd as soon have a manual system instead of all the auto dampers.

I have the same problem with my 04 Tahoe Z71. Power cycling used to fix it too, but now it's just hot all the time so I leave it off. The front air on the drivers side would start blowing hot too and I would have to power cycle. I found on a recent trip, though, that if I just leave it alone, it will go back to blowing cold in a minute. Qwerky little things. I'd as soon have a manual system instead of all the auto dampers.
Sold it. Problem solved..lol

Back
Top Bottom