• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2003 F350 hard start/no start need OBD and SOFTWARE HELP

Tomorrow I'm changing out the fuel regulator with a blue springs upgrade kit and draining the water seperator.
My friend is giving me the upgrade kit for free and draining seperator is easy.
After that if it does not run I will change out the cam sensor

I had 3 injectors out at less than 130k. I know less than perfect fuel/oil can wreck havoc on them. I drained my fuel water separator fairly frequently (more often than factory recommended intervals). Have you been on Powerstroke.org, Ford-truck.com, etc. message boards?

Has it had injectors?

Check injectors.

There is a pressure gauge setup to check if the oil is boosting injector line pressure enough. If pressure is too low, bad injector and no/poor start.

Those injectors are expensive, if previous owner had them replaced, he would have told you.

So, I bought a scangauge entered all the parameters to set it up and I had 0 codes.
The FICM was only reading 32. Needs to be 48. I dropped it off in Duluth at MAS Auto and they checked it out and fixed it. Was only 69 bucks and was done the following day!
Installed it and truck fired right up and runs great! I did replies earlier the fuel regulator with a blue springs update kit as well.

Back
Top Bottom