• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"2 Speed Idle" Emissions Test

SC0TT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
311   0
Reaction score
I purchased a 2015 VW Golf with the 1.8T gas motor. I took it in for emissions and it's calling for a pre OBD2 2 speed test on dyno rollers. It will not give the emissions tech an opportunity to plug it into the OBD2 port at all. Guy said he has never seen it before and didnt have the dyno equipment to do the test. I have no CELs at all. Anyone ever seen this happen?

Are you sure the idiot entered in the correct info for the car?? I have done emissions and worked on cars for decades. We never had a problem with doing a 2015 car OBD 2 style test. No matter who made it.

Volkswagen got caught red handed manipulating emissions results of their diesel engines a few years back. IIRC they had programmed passing info into the cars computers so they would ALL pass, and they got caught. Now I don’t know if your gas car situation is a result of this, but it sure sounds like it could be…

Volkswagen got caught red handed manipulating emissions results a few years back. IIRC they had programmed passing info into the cars computers so they would ALL pass, and they got caught. Now I don’t know if your situation is a result of this, but it sure sounds like it could be…
That MAY be a possibility. I have not been in the Emissions biz for a few years

By law, the person SELLING the car is supposed to provide a passing Emission certificate for it that can be used to get the initial registration.
or it used to be that way…

It is still law in Georgia but I purchased the car out of Tennessee.

Not one person I've spoken with has ever seen this situation. I went to 3 different locations today and they all look baffled.

Back
Top Bottom