• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 Cycle Engine Repair Assistance Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off, throw it away and go buy a stihl.

I was a small engine tech at howard brothers for 6 years. If it has spark, fuel and air....its gonna crank. a sheared flywheel key would cause it not to run. might get some kick back when you pull the recoil rope because its firing at the wrong spot.
Are you testing for spark or just assuming it has it because of the new parts?
98% of the issues with 2 cycle is carb related. I only run ethanol free gas in my stuff. I bought all my stihl equipment back in 2004-2006 and its all on the original carb. still running like a champ

first off, throw it away and go buy a stihl.

I was a small engine tech at howard brothers for 6 years. If it has spark, fuel and air....its gonna crank. a sheared flywheel key would cause it not to run. might get some kick back when you pull the recoil rope because its firing at the wrong spot.
Are you testing for spark or just assuming it has it because of the new parts?
98% of the issues with 2 cycle is carb related. I only run ethanol free gas in my stuff. I bought all my stihl equipment back in 2004-2006 and its all on the original carb. still running like a champ

My money is on sheared flywheel key if spark has been verified.

After cranking it for a hour did you pull the spark plug to see if it was wet? Blow out your fuel line and ck the filter screen in the tank,, That’s all I got..

I appreciate the continued responses and suggestions. I have not been able to corral my neighbor since our last attempt to crank. Hope to in a few days. Allow me to answer the latest few in one post. The spark plug was tested for spark with an actual spark tester. After tiring ourselves from attempting to crank, we pulled the spark plug and it was dry. Not aware of filter screen in tank. The fuel filter and lines are good to go as gas is going from tank to bulb and into carb. Thanks.

I appreciate the continued responses and suggestions. I have not been able to corral my neighbor since our last attempt to crank. Hope to in a few days. Allow me to answer the latest few in one post. The spark plug was tested for spark with an actual spark tester. After tiring ourselves from attempting to crank, we pulled the spark plug and it was dry. Not aware of filter screen in tank. The fuel filter and lines are good to go as gas is going from tank to bulb and into carb. Thanks.

Spray a shot of WD40 into intake then try starting. WD40 is safer on 2 strokes than starter fluid but dont over do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom