2 Boston Bombing FBI Agents "Fall from Helicopter" ..... dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DO know guys rig their own ropes... the odds of two experts screwing up something the've done a million times on the same day on the same ride is astronomical. Yes, it's incredibly dangerous, yess the doors were likely open, doesn't make it any less fishy IMO.

A fast rope hangs from the gantry and extends from the side/rear/hell hole of the aircraft and each man slides down it like a fire pole. There is nothing for each individual roper to rig, feet and hands on the rope and away you go.

The doors were likely open? Impossible to fast rope from a UH-1 with closed doors.

Understanding how VBSS and fast roping work are elementary to understanding how this accident could have occurred. The odds for something going wrong when you are on the rope, the aircraft moves off target (ships deck), you find yourself now over open water, 30 to 50 feet above the surface and wearing 50 to 80 pounds of gear,,,,,are far from astronomical and are in fact in the "pretty damn good" range.

Edit to add: VBSS = Visit, Board, Search, Seizure

Last edited:
Ever tried fast roping out of a UH-1 with the cabin doors closed while wearing a monkey harness..................how did that work for you?

^Way out in left field^ everyone's not a super hero like you.

Edit to add: I am guessing from your statement you don't know UH-1 cabin doors can be locked open while in flight for roping/helo casting/because it is hot, have never seen a fast rope and most likely have no idea what a monkey harness is.

[/QUOTE

^right on target^ but I do get the concept of the fast rope infill and can see how an accident could happen. I just don't see how all the safety precautions could have been followed.

Super Hero? Hey, it's not my fault you decide to comment and question technical procedure for fast roping and had no idea what you are talking about. What safety precautions were not followed? From what I have read the aircraft had some type of inflight emergency while men were on the rope. When that happens the aircraft commander has to make some serious decisions in a very compressed time frame balancing the lives of the men still on board the aircraft (minimum of four, but could be up to 10) and the men on the rope (two to four). In that type situation, it sucks to be on the rope. Those men knew that going in, advanced tactical operations carry risk, even in training environments.

I have flown a UH-1 from both the right and left seat. I am a HRST (Helicopter Rope Suspension Training) Master course graduate and have roped from and rope mastered operations from the UH-1, CH-46, CH-53. I thought I would TRY and shed some light how a roping operation works and can go wrong in any environment.

I realize my response to your lack of knowledge was initially harsh. But I will tell you this, after reading some of the responses in this thread, I really don't give a damn. It is so easy to support the "conspiracy" with statements that have no factual basis, and if that is your game, then to be offended by truth and resort to "Super Hero" name calling. The fact is that 'TRUTH" is inconvenient to these type threads and those who few run wild in them.

I now return you all to unrealistic conspiracy gaming experience and wish you luck in exposing the plot of HRT to kill two of there own and bury the secret from the world, excluding the genius few here that have exposed it for the ODT of course.

Last edited:
"In all, the team has responded to more than 850 incidents involving terrorism, violent crimes and foreign counterintelligence, according to the FBI’s website."

849 other incidents they've been involved in but, hey, let's draw the line to the one fresh out of the news cycle. Enjoy your boner fellas.

No I don't think its a goverment plot but I do think the same guys who trained them....were the same guys responsible for Waco and Ruby Ridge. So no sympathy from me on the loss.

Get real please. These folks die protecting your a$$ from problems you will likely never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom