1968 Suburban w/ ambulance package project.

You’re joking, right?
Maybe some foxtails on the antenna, catfish whisker curb feelers and jeweled mud flaps would complete that look. And a steering wheel spinner knob, fo’ sho’.
No, not joking.
It’s could be the ultimate surf /chick magnet vehicle .
Large interior space to play in after the sun goes down.
Sounds pretty manly to me.

For some reason people have been real sensitive About this vehicle.
Nice job to the OP….that thing is sick and that engine compartment is killer.

No, not joking.
It’s could be the ultimate surf /chick magnet vehicle .
Large interior space to play in after the sun goes down.
Sounds pretty manly to me.

For some reason people have been real sensitive About this vehicle.
Nice job to the OP….that thing is sick and that engine compartment is killer.

It’s getting there. Cool family vehicle has been my goal from the start. Originally wasn’t going to drop it, but issues with the brake manufacturer lead to me ending up getting drop spindles. Then the rest fell into place.

I can’t wait to get it to the house and begin work on the interior, a lot of work to do, but hopefully a few weekends will get it drivable. It’s been plagued by slow shops, bad painter, and supply issues, but keeps getting closer every week. Driving it this week on the road was a blast. I knew it would get some attention, but didn’t realize how much. 4 mile trip to and from the muffler shop. Furthest it’s driven in at least 10 years.

I was amazed at how well it road, handled, and stopped.

To do list before leaving the shop.
1. Catch can to prevent oil being sucked into the intake.
2. Adjust transmission linkage.
3. More tunibg
4. Giving the computer time to learn.
5. More road testing. (I’m sure more bugs will be shaken out)

After getting home.
1. Touch up paint interior and engine bay.
2. Fix bad paint job areas. (As best I can)
3. Finish floor sound deadening
4. Install carpet.
5. Head liner. (Still deciding on what I want to do, or if someone else can do it for me)
5. Get seats installed and get brackets made to keep the sturdy.
6. Radio.
7. AC installation at some point.
8. Enjoy. (Or come up with another list of things that need completed).

It’s getting there. Cool family vehicle has been my goal from the start. Originally wasn’t going to drop it, but issues with the brake manufacturer lead to me ending up getting drop spindles. Then the rest fell into place.

I can’t wait to get it to the house and begin work on the interior, a lot of work to do, but hopefully a few weekends will get it drivable. It’s been plagued by slow shops, bad painter, and supply issues, but keeps getting closer every week. Driving it this week on the road was a blast. I knew it would get some attention, but didn’t realize how much. 4 mile trip to and from the muffler shop. Furthest it’s driven in at least 10 years.

I was amazed at how well it road, handled, and stopped.

To do list before leaving the shop.
1. Catch can to prevent oil being sucked into the intake.
2. Adjust transmission linkage.
3. More tunibg
4. Giving the computer time to learn.
5. More road testing. (I’m sure more bugs will be shaken out)

After getting home.
1. Touch up paint interior and engine bay.
2. Fix bad paint job areas. (As best I can)
3. Finish floor sound deadening
4. Install carpet.
5. Head liner. (Still deciding on what I want to do, or if someone else can do it for me)
5. Get seats installed and get brackets made to keep the sturdy.
6. Radio.
7. AC installation at some point.
8. Enjoy. (Or come up with another list of things that need completed).
It’s really nice.
They rarely ever get done.
I’m still figuring out how to out a headliner in my ‘Cuda past my roll cage…gonna be a custom job for sure.

Brought her home today, taking her back tomorrow. Temp got a little high and electric fans aren’t both cutting on. Also needs an alignment bad. Was nice to drive get pictures and clean it up a bit. So much work to do. Also needs a good tune.

4B3D3D31-A35F-445E-9EEC-C12471EEAD9E.jpeg
6D50E140-DF84-4DC0-8FB9-0308322B44D2.jpeg
801E0473-E8F1-4911-839D-0025488A717A.jpeg
3568606B-54D1-43DD-9F6C-6177FE414022.jpeg
C5EAA7B2-7340-4052-BC40-4CB182A907DC.jpeg
10BF0C20-E2DF-4405-B215-8884B7A17046.jpeg
7E039FBC-8BCE-4202-A6CF-333469E29552.jpeg
298E2CFC-270D-46A4-9FBF-4125D1F19B9C.jpeg
C9856BB4-92C9-4A3B-AF21-B408B2F4BB42.jpeg
C537E703-6812-49CC-8E9D-3FDA487DEBB0.jpeg

I had an issue with my fan controller and just wired them to a switch and relay and they both come on full blast all the time now.
Never had a run hot episode since but I do carrry spare relays , fuses and a switch just in case.
I replaced all of my fuses with those fancy fuses that light up when they pop…saves so much time diagnosing which circuit is down.
I used the ez wiring kit which is labeled well at the box and each wire.
Much more reasonable than the big name competitor.

I had an issue with my fan controller and just wired them to a switch and relay and they both come on full blast all the time now.
Never had a run hot episode since but I do carrry spare relays , fuses and a switch just in case.
I replaced all of my fuses with those fancy fuses that light up when they pop…saves so much time diagnosing which circuit is down.
I used the ez wiring kit which is labeled well at the box and each wire.
Much more reasonable than the big name competitor.

Yeah I had the entire truck harness replaced with a painless kit. All new wires and all labeled perfectly, also pre set up for radio, Dakota digital gauges, and electric fans.

The engine runs on the Fi-Tech harnes which though a little long is very clean.

Back
Top Bottom