17 HMR Accelerator Rifle

scandmx, I took it south with me Sunday planning on shooting it when I was done with yard work. I've got one close neighbor there in the boonies(Wheeler Co can be the boonies). He stopped and told me he was going to eat and go to sleep...... out of courtesy I didn't shoot the rifle. Did snap a couple of shots of the wife holding it, can't post them here though!:D

Posted by Scandmx5; Whatever happened with this thing? Did you like it or what?

Finally got it to the range, it does have potential! The trigger is great, at close range firing more than three bullets is a waste as they go through the same hole. I had two jams which I think were caused by the deforming of the brass as it went into the magazine. You have to use a tool to load the magazine and I didn't have one (will be bending a piece of brass into this tool). I picked up a nail and used it and had no more. The downside was the optics, the BSA scope on it was the worst I've ever dealt with, You couldn't get it to focus, it will be trashed. I'll be changing the mounts to a taller mount and adding a different scope before I head back to the range with it. Over all i think this one may be a keeper, at least until someone else offers the right trade!

Last time I looked Excel didn't have the Accelerator in .17 on their page any more. I'll check again, but if they quit making it....you got yoself a collectible!

Back
Top Bottom