• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/13 Hunt

Back out for the lunch hour.
Service is bad so pics won't load.

Julie and I got a 9point last Saturday afternoon in Oconee. I shot it but she was pumped! We hugged and high-fived probably 20 times while we waited before going to see it. I'll have to show it off later
Screenshot_20211113-125245_Gallery.jpg

Saw 8 this morning, 6 does/2 bucks. One buck was good size but he walked out and right back in. Didn’t get to good of look. Got a big doe though. My boy said good job daddy, so that’s all that’s matters.

Attachments

• 53D2FC94-65E8-4842-BF8C-2B597EBC99B3.jpeg
    53D2FC94-65E8-4842-BF8C-2B597EBC99B3.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 30
  • F2DBB2DE-67DD-4D75-8F87-563C948E4371.jpeg
    F2DBB2DE-67DD-4D75-8F87-563C948E4371.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 28
Looks like I'm the odd man out today. U haven't seen anything except a few squirrels.

Calling it. Saw a few squirrels and that’s it. Best of luck to everyone sticking it out.

Nothing but squirrels on Dawson Forest so far either for me. Wind picked up now and they ain’t even out anymore lol.
Yall ain't alone, I saw 1 squirrel and A WHOLE LOTTA WIND, LOL! This afternoon is family time. Congrats to those who harvested and best of luck to yall out there still after it.

I changed up my game a little this morning trying to catch some deer at a different spot getting a drink near the creek instead of sitting on my most boring ladder I put up.
Well, big mistake.
I saw several deer come down a ridge path, cross the creek and straight towards
My most boring ladder……hahaha.

I got down around 9:00 and went to the “boring” ladder for two hours and got down cause it was …….BORING!

Soooooo…….I may get about 30’ up a tree near my boring ladder for an evening hunt hoping some will come by since that trail looks so heavily used right now.
Side note: The pine property next to this place was clear cut and dozed over with several houses being built there which has pushed more deer into our property.
I’ve never seen so much activity here in the past 10 years…..not complaining but sucks that they ruined that beautiful property next door.

Back
Top Bottom