Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
111   0
Reaction score
Here is the set up:
Feddersen Bull Barrel
OEM Bolt work by CPC
Kidd guide rod, spring, & charging handle
I had CPC add his improved ejector when he did the bolt work. Ejects fired rounds great. The rifle is scary accurate! Is this a symptom of the tight chamber on the Feddersen barrel or should I try another ejector? The ammo in question is CCI 40gr SGB. Anyone else have this problem with aftermarket barrels w/ Bentz chambers?

The only time I had that problem I swapped in a Kidd extractor. Sounds like Randy has you taken care of in that dept though. Bump for someone who has ideas/solution. Good luck!

Am I reading this right?

It WILL extract/eject a fired round but WILL NOT extract an unfired round?

<---- Assuming you've cleaned the chamber and extractor "cave".

I really should know what that part of the barrel is called.

Just let Soros dole out his money to the U.N. then. They've gotten enough of taxpayer money.

Am I reading this right?

It WILL extract/eject a fired round but WILL NOT extract an unfired round?

<---- Assuming you've cleaned the chamber and extractor "cave".

I really should know what that part of the barrel is called.

Exactly. I cleaned out the extractor groove when I discovered the problem and the bolt face. I will have to buy a bore snake to clean the barrel and chamber. I do not want to break down the rifle.

Its the chamber size. There is nothing wrong with it per se, its a tight target chamber. This is common in target grade 22 pistols. That is where I have seen it and experienced it several times. When fired, the gun cycles fine, but a loaded round is very difficult to extract.

Its the chamber size. There is nothing wrong with it per se, its a tight target chamber. This is common in target grade 22 pistols. That is where I have seen it and experienced it several times. When fired, the gun cycles fine, but a loaded round is very difficult to extract.

It is definitely a target grade barrel. I have not found a brand/type/weight ammo that it will not shoot almost MOA at 50 yards. The first group I shot I looked around to make sure it was me and I was still alive. The barrel, bolt work, and Brimstone trigger is the best money I have spent on a gun.

.243 bore brush bent just a bit longer than an unfired round dipped in some solvent. That tight chamber just gets tighter the more you shoot it without scrubbing it. Extra power springs will also help seat the round so you don't have as many unfired rounds.

If you're shooting suppressed, it will foul up quicker than unsuppressed.

Back
Top Bottom