• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

…meanwhile in New Mexico

"Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said in a statement late Friday that he has reservations about the order but is ready to cooperate to tackle gun violence."

Well as long as you have "reservations" Sheriff... :rolleyes:
Welp, I reckon we'll see the mettle of the average New Mexican. I hope the people refuse to be disarmed and the sheriff has loads of back up volunteers to replace the shytebird "officers" killed and wounded attempting to enforce this illegal order.

I predicted this when Covid lockdowns started. It's a "public health emergency."

The overreach- really the denial of the Second Amendment outright- of the Governor of New Mexico is pretty amazing. Leftist logic: if everyone can not abide by the rules, then NO ONE get the privilege. The thing is, the Second Amendment is not a privilege, it’s a right that all citizens have which the government can not take away (Constitutional law 101). They are so busy ruling over us that they see their power as absolute, and that damn pesky Bill of Rights just keeps hindering them.

If you’re the type of person that would, say, shoot at the occupants of a vehicle or target a school for violence, or other horrific and already illegal action, how much of an effect is it for the governor to say to you that you can’t carry a firearm in public? These are the individuals she wants to stop, allegedly- people already pre oriented to ignore laws. There’s a name for them- CRIMINALS. The only people that will willfully follow this law are already law-abiding citizen, and you’ve now made them even more vulnerable to victimhood. In essence, you’ve turned all public spaces into gun-free zones, and you know how well that concept works. Someone said this earlier- if she truly thinks guns are the real issue- she should disarm her own security detail right now. Using her flawed, fragile logic, if being surrounded by armed people is bad, she is in grave danger.

Back
Top Bottom