• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zillow abandoning the home flipping business

**** that is awesome, in that case where do I sign up? I'd sell my house tomorrow for their listed Zestimate.
List it for that....they sell everyday for the Zestimate and sometimes more. I have seen it a half a dozen times in my area alone, and I'm not in a "hot" market.

Real estate values even real appraisals are ridiculous right now, I feel for buyers, buying into what will be upside down houses. By my estimate, everything is going for at least 50% more than where it actually should be.

Good if you need to Refinance and shorten a term and lower an interest rate. Not so good if your just buying in or selling and have to find another home.

Kinda like the mysterious car values market....the. wow my car is worth a bunch of money, let me sell it and make some money...and the quick...oh crap...I just took a bath and bought another car for way too much money.

Well I was being factitious. But they've been buying A LOT of houses to flip on the market and they seem to be caught holding the bag now.
Their show is coming to an end for sure, they were pushing up values with their estimates getting stupid buyers to think they were getting a deal, while at the same time padding their pockets with houses they were buying and taking advantage of the same pricing structure.

Kinda the same thing Kelly blue book still does, since its owned by a car dealer conglomerate.....

Their show is coming to an end for sure, they were pushing up values with their estimates getting stupid buyers to think they were getting a deal, while at the same time padding their pockets with houses they were buying and taking advantage of the same pricing structure.

Kinda the same thing Kelly blue book still does, since its owned by a car dealer conglomerate.....

eh, anybody who is buying or selling learns quickly that Zillow is a great resource if you want to miss 90% of the properties, ask for showings on properties that closed 2 weeks ago, and have zero idea what a property is worth. We have bought homes twice in the last two years and didn't bother with Zillow more than the first day on the first house.

Believe it...we just sold ours to their competitor at Zestimate price listed. Sure beats the hell out of having a bunch of unknowns crawling through your house while you're still living in it.

Yep. I had a signed contract on mine earlier this year for $18k ABOVE the zillow estimate. (But the deal fell through on the house I was looking to buy)

Taxpayer bailout inbound
Nope, still a 6 Billion dollar company.
So companies like Zillow were over inflating the housing market by buying up entire neighborhoods by outbidding actual potential homeowners, and now may cause a bubble burst because they're stuck with all of these overpriced houses they bought and can't flip?
They had less than 1% of the market.
Algorithm fail.
Absolutely this.

**** that is awesome, in that case where do I sign up? I'd sell my house tomorrow for their listed Zestimate.
Ours was with OpenDoor, had a call scheduled with Zillow and they cancelled day of...I think they knew their bottom was falling out.

Simple process with OpenDoor too. Video walk through, they send someone out to inspect the exterior and then you have your offer and are under contract.

Ours was with OpenDoor, had a call scheduled with Zillow and they cancelled day of...I think they knew their bottom was falling out.

Simple process with OpenDoor too. Video walk through, they send someone out to inspect the exterior and then you have your offer and are under contract.
I assure you, very few if any body at Zillow knew it was winding down it's I-buyers program.

Back
Top Bottom