Zero Turn help

BamaBrad

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
So, my mower, Ariens Apex 52 is not turning over. I tried jumping it off with no luck, I talked with a buddy and thought it may be the starter solenoid. All it is doing when I turn it over is making one click, I can hear it and almost feel it under the engine area? Any ideas what it may be? Thanks.

That sounds like a Kohler 25 hp I had allI did was clean all the wire connections on everything I could It started right up after that Don't no what I did but it fixed it

Kawasaki FR691, but thanks for that. I will start checking all the wire connections. I even read about the 3, safety connections also and checked those. Thanks again.

Couple easy checks…. Is your parking break engaged? It will not start unless it is.
PTO engaged…? Seat safety plug come undone?? Sometimes it’s the simplest things. I have a Ariens Apex 60” and the parking break switch gave me trouble in the past giving me a no start condition..

Mine did the same thing 2 seasons ago, it was the starter.
Of course, like others have mentioned, I would check the simplest things first; seat switch, parking brake etc.

Had my starter rebuilt.

I replaced the starter a couple of months ago on my sons cub cadet. I knew it was bad though after seeing the gear stuck up with flywheel. Was only about 50.00 on amazon

Back
Top Bottom