• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Youth Model 20ga (auto or pump)

georgiaboy83

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a nice youth model 20ga Auto or Pump shotgun for my 10 yo Brother-N-law for duck hunting this year. Prefer to have a synthetic stock. (camo would be awesome) If any one has anything of the like please LMK.

Have a brand new Cuddeback Capture IR with Bear Safe & 1GB SD Card for Trade if interested!!!

Last edited:
I've let a lot of teens and adults shoot my Mossberg pump 20 ga, a model 500 bantam ( youth model) 20 gauge with normal small birdshot loads-- say 7/8 oz. of 7.5 shot at 1150 fps.

Many of these inexperienced shooters complained about the recoil.

So, with a 10 y/o as the intended user,
I'd lean towards getting a semi-auto.
They're softer on the shoulder.

ESPECIALLY, I would think, with a 3" magnum waterfowl load.

I am looking to purchase a nice youth model 20ga Auto or Pump shotgun for my 10 yo Brother-N-law for duck hunting this year. Prefer to have a synthetic stock. (camo would be awesome) If any one has anything of the like please LMK.

Have a brand new Cuddeback Capture IR with Bear Safe & 1GB SD Card for Trade if interested!!!
Did you ever find a 20 ga yet ?

I have a Remington 870 in 20 gauge and it's a synthetic stock and camouflaged from the factory, unfortunately I could never part with it, I love those little shotguns. Good luck in your quest.

I have a Beretta 391 20gauge youth model. It’s currently being used by the 4th child. If we can find a left handed semi it might be available. Keep me in mind or send me. PM with your contact information

Back
Top Bottom