• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your opinion: Service at an expensive restaurant, 70 dollars for a meal for one.

Your opinion: Service at an expensive restaurant, 70 dollars for a meal for one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
So I have been chastised here before for being 'too hard' on the minimum wage restaurant worker.

Today at 5 p.m. most of the tables were empty and I sat down at the bar anyway. I was the third person at the bar. (There is NO WAY you could call it crowded)

I ordered a dinner salad and a steak with the bartender.

When the server brought my salad and my dinner at the same time I couldn't believe it.

"YOU HAVE TO BE F***ING KIDDING ME! bringing the salad and my steak at the same time". The kid said "I'm sorry Sir, that's how the order came up.

I ate my salad, watching my steak get cold, and the plate was cold when I ate the steak. everything else was cold when I finished the steak.

The bartender called the manager over after I asked for the bill. The manager offered me desert. He told him that I am diabetic. He said he'd take the salad off the bill. (I didn't think that was close to being fair)

Before I do anything else. What do you think is appropriate for an expensive restaurant?

Could have been worse and I still would have tipped in that situation. I was at dinner once when the lady I was with took a drink of water from her glass and had a plastic cigarette wrapper dangling from her lips.

Then there is this:
Took my wife to Outback in Jacksonville. We sat down and ordered our meals. We were in the process of eating dinner when a female came to the end of our table and stood next to me holding a piece of cardboard. When I asked what she wanted she flips the sign around. The sign says "we have no money and we are hungry can you please donate". WTH! I am eating a nice dinner and being begged to by some idiot.

Then there is the classic sitting down at a nice Mexican restaurant and in the middle of our meal out of the corner of my eye I see my friend quickly turn a glass upside down on the table top. I asked what she was doing and she says "look in the glass". A big live cockroach crawling around under the glass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom