• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Opinion on a Single Shot 22lr Rifle

This Rossi looks good, low price ($159), and a repeater bolt action w/ a 10-shot mag is more useful than a single shot.

Use CCI brand "QUIET" .22LR if you need low-noise ammo that feeds thru the magazine.

Of course you can shoot shorts or longs if you load them into the chamber directly.

4949F59D-985B-495F-8497-B8E6559554B1.jpeg

I have been thinking about getting a single shot 22lr rifle for some discrete rodent control. I figure I could use 22 shorts with a single shot. I saw this one and it looks like a
bare-bones rifle. Do you know anything about these Chiappa Little Badger rifles?

View attachment 4248108

Every one wants a semi-auto, the market is flooded with classic All Steel, Hardwood stocked American bolt action, and single shot rifles for next to nothing. Some of the old semi's will handle shorts.

That's the way I would go, rather than some stamped metal foreign made whatever.

Every one wants a semi-auto, the market is flooded with classic All Steel,
Hardwood stocked
American bolt action...rifles for next to nothing.

True dat.

I picked up a Marlin / Glenfield model 25 about 30 years ago dirt cheap. Bolt action repeater with a seven round magazine.

I bobbed the barrel to 16 1/4 inches myself. I trimmed 1 inch off the stock and put a simple 4X power rifle scope on it.

It's been very useful & enjoyable since then.
BAB6CE6B-9CFB-4252-A2C6-71DD18EA5663.jpeg
F7805536-EC83-412D-A4CA-C11756308755.jpeg

rossi makes a .22lr thats like sub 150 bucks as does savage and a bunch of other companies. id say but one of those cheap plinkers and get to work

if you want to be different, find a contender with a 22lr barrel. 22 shorts, colibri, or any other slow 22 rimfire is fun to shoot. accurate enough and gives you some options to put different barrels on it down the road.

speaking of that, I need to thread my 22lr contender barrel for giggles.

True dat.

I picked up a Marlin / Glenfield model 25 about 30 years ago dirt cheap. Bolt action repeater with a seven round magazine.

I bobbed the barrel to 16 1/4 inches myself. I trimmed 1 inch off the stock and put a simple 4X power rifle scope on it.

It's been very useful & enjoyable since then. View attachment 4271870View attachment 4271869
I received a couple of .22 rifles that were covered in rust, but other than that, look to have never been shot for the 40-50 years they set behind a door. One was the glen field 25. Had the barrel cut and threaded by our good friend at tru-prep. Cleaned it up as best I could. Still haven’t put a round down range. The other is a target master. It’s in really bad shape as far as rust goes.

Back
Top Bottom