Your Four Legged Friend....let's see 'em!

This was Max, he was actually Phil's old dog. Lost him to a stomach tumor last Labor Day.

Attachments

• Max1.jpg
    Max1.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 7
And this is Alfie. Got him last October.

His name is actually Alphonso, since he's from the Virgin Islands (probably Puerto Rico). He most likely lost any home he had in the hurricanes they had there in 2017.

Then he got picked up by a dog-fighting ring and used as a bait-dog. A friend of the family who's been doing large animal rescue for years tells me the scars on his back are because they mark them with boiling motor oil to tell the bait dogs from the fighting dogs when they are in the pit.

Somewhere along the line he got picked up and turned over to Island Rescue in PR. He was diagnosed with heartworm but they were able to find a rescue here (FurKids in Alpharetta) that would take him and treat him.

I got him last October, supposedly heartworm negative. Turned out not so much. He just finished his second time through the wringer in March. His tests so far are clear but I won't know for sure until they test again in October.

From his DNA he's 1/3rd American Bully, 1/3rd Staffordshire Terrier and 1/3rd Pit Bull.

He's very friendly to people and other dogs (which is surprising given his history) and is definitely becoming accustomed to living in a house instead of the streets, although we still have some work to do there...

Attachments

• Alfie.JPG
    Alfie.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom