• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You ever notice how defensive people get when they know their shyt is overpriced?

Just so I understand, a locked ad, not open for comments, means the seller is selling his property for more than it is worth. I did not know how simple it was to find out which items are overpriced. Simply amazing how simple it is, not true, but it is a simple concept.

Just so I understand, anyone who sells a gun, ammo, holster whatever, at more than the GROUP believes is fair, is a dirtbag, gouger, neckbeard and a POS. OK, the GROUP is entitled to state their opinion. But if the GROUP is entitled to their opinion, why is the seller not given the same? But, I do understand now what the GROUP wants.

Just so I understand, anyone who disagrees with the GROUP, is part of the problem and is a dirtbag, gouger, neckbeard and a POS. It appears there is only one opinion that the GROUP agrees is the correct way to think. Have a different opinion, then you are the problem.

Just so everyone knows, I have asked the owner to close comments, good or bad on all ads. No need for them. If someone has a question about the item being sold, PM the seller. Plus it would eliminate those who want to try and do a transaction in the ad itself. I hope he agrees to change the format for an ad. Then the GROUP would not have to complain about the ad being closed.

Just so everyone knows, I don't really care what someone asks for their item. I don't believe it is any of my business to tell a grown man or woman what to do with their property.

Now the GROUP can refer to me as Mr. dirtbag, gouger, neckbeard and Mr. POS. lol

Since I was the one that used the word "dirtbag", I'll respond to this. After re-reading my post, I could see how it could be taken differently than I intended it. So I'll attempt to be more clear.

If you had a Keltec, wouldn't you sell it for $1K if you could find a sucker to give you that for it?

I was responding to this question. I took this as preying on suckers. Perhaps it was just meant in general as in "wouldn't you do it if someone was willing to pay that amount". For the record, if someone has an opinion as to how much their item is worth or they are just "testing the waters", then no, I don't consider them to be a dirtbag. And someone that pays higher than what the GROUP thinks it's worth, doesn't automatically make them a "sucker" IMHO. Someone that actually preys on suckers, yea, I think that's a bit dirtbaggy. That's all I meant. Would I sell a $500 gun for $1,000 to someone that knew what they were buying and I didn't consider them to be a "sucker"? Sure. Maybe they were having trouble finding them and just really wanted it. Perhaps there's a fine line, but there's still a line.

What are your listing as pre covid prices then? If the answer is nothing, that's about the same as offering it for a high price and it not selling.

BTW, I did a similar thing with our dog groomer after she had a flat and I helped her out. She tried to discount the hair cut and I told her no way.

I, personally, don't have anything listed right now. But "pre-covid prices" could easily be very different from the current market value. The "pre-covid" market is over. Supply and demand is supply and demand. Just like the stock market. And listing something above current prices is not being a dirtbag. That's not where I was going with this. I was simply saying I wouldn't over charge someone to prey on them as a sucker. I recognize I wasn't explicitly clear on this in my response though.

JWC JWC

"Just so I understand, a locked ad, not open for comments, means the seller is selling his property for more than it is worth." - I don't agree with this. It's a bit of stretch. There's lots of reasons why someone could lock down their ad. One of those reasons may or may not be that the seller knows their price is way over market value.

"Just so I understand, anyone who sells a gun, ammo, holster whatever, at more than the GROUP believes is fair, is a dirtbag, gouger, neckbeard and a POS." - Absolutely not. That's not where I was going with my "dirtbag" post at all.

"But if the GROUP is entitled to their opinion, why is the seller not given the same?" - Of course.

"Just so I understand, anyone who disagrees with the GROUP, is part of the problem and is a dirtbag, gouger, neckbeard and a POS." - Absolutely not. In fact, I love disagreement. It can open people's eyes, including my own, to other perspectives.

"Just so everyone knows, I have asked the owner to close comments, good or bad on all ads." - Good point actually. However, I like to post on some ads when I see something nice or that I wish I could have. Gives the seller a bump. Or if it's a seller I know, I could post something positive like "hey great person to deal with" or something along those lines. Is this needed? Nah, not really. I wouldn't lose sleep if comments on ads went away.

"Now the GROUP can refer to me as Mr. dirtbag, gouger, neckbeard and Mr. POS. lol" - Lol absolutely not from me. I consider you to be a pretty respectable guy. And I'm not aware of you ever preying on suckers.

GlockIssue, thanks for taking the time to clarify your post. I realize you did not have to clarify anything, but you took the time to do it. I respect that you did.

JWC - this is a very well written post. And it made me think - which can be dangerous sometimes.

Honestly, your descriptions above remind me of the Cancel Culture of the DNC and far left. Seriously. They LOVE to place labels on folks they don't agree with. Label them as white supremacists, misogynists, racists, insurrectionists, etc.

Well, I see our groups doing the same thing labeling folks as flippers, gougers, etc.

Take a look in the mirror folks.

JUST LIKE the DNC (and far left) is trying to divide this nation - Groups within ODT are trying to do the same thing.

Therefore if you are whining about someone else's price you will be labeled a communist.

Oh wait, I just did it too.

See how this works?

TRUTH and very well put Sir.

Back
Top Bottom