• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yhm free float or Midwest ind free float?

depthsoftheC

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me which one they think is a better buy? The yhm diamond 12in free float quad rail or the Midwest industries t12 free float quad rail? Thanks in advance

Of those two I would say the Midwest industries it is lighter. I like the Troy industries rails the best myself they are light mount on a existing barrel nut and have a thinner profile

I think either would work for a quad rail - both are good companies.

I was once into quad rails before I moved towards the slim profile tube setups like the MI SS and Troy Alpha. They tend to be lighter and sleeker, and they come with the mounting hardware to attach accessories wherever you need them. I have one troy alpha, one MI SS gen 1, and two SS gen2s. The gen 2 will not be wide enough to cover many gas blocks so you definitely have to watch out there - but it's my favorite. I haven't made the move to keymod yet.

I found the true quad rail setups to be too heavy and wide for my intended hand grip. Also, unless you cover the rails with something they have a nasty habit of catching your hand just wrong (which can lead to cuts). Just my opinion....

Back
Top Bottom