Yep..... NASCAR is done....

NASCAR used to have a "production" rule -- I think it was 150 units of what the manufacturer was racing.

Along about 1966-68, Dodge came out with the big hemi, it was so fast they were afraid to put it on showroom floors. So they donated most of them to police departments. Dekalb County get a bunch of them. That was back when a county PD was rare in Georgia.

The cars were un-Godly fast (ask me how I know). Within two years, the cops had wrecked them all.

Anyway, when they got away from production cars, I lost interest. The COT is a joke, they may as well be racing go-carts,

NASCAR was founded on the principal of "win on Sunday, sell on Monday."

By By American Pie, NASCAR ended when Dale died! May he rest in peace.
I never understood why so many people loved a guy that couldn't win without wrecking the cars he wasn't fast enough to pass

And why nascar allowed him to wreck someone in every race

But the interesting nascar did end about he same time

When they stopped requiring the car bodies to be the same as the actual factory produced passenger cars .
Now all the cars are exactly the same and i get a good chuckle every time an announcer or the driver refers to his car as a Chevrolet ford or whatever

There isn't one single bolt on the car that came from a ford or Chevy
Much less the engine or body

Remember the Monte Carlo SS was made so Chevy could use that front bumper on the nascar race car

The WRC is where the action is now

THats an exciting race

Last year we got some free passes to the pits
We watched the first half leaning on tony Stewart's spare tires behind the pit crew
That's the only way to watch the race !

We then went home and watched the rest in hi def on my 60" TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The talent in NASCAR today far surpasses any decade of NASCAR drivers.

Talent is good, performance is better, but is held back. Management is lacking.

I recently filled out a survey on my opinion of what NASCAR needs to do for future growth.
(1) less restrictions on engine performance
(2) Car bodies inline with manufacturers car's.
(3) Ticket price must be reduced.
(4) Tracks need to get away from the cookie cutter formation.
(5) Improve on the championship mode.
(6) put a more realistic ownership on teams, limited team Size's to maybe 2 teams, so multiple teams can get to much of a advantage on the smaller guys.

know what you mean, football died when Johnny Unitas died and baseball died when babe ruth died. all these baseball ,football players are just a bunch of candy ass's these days. cry and wine about all the millions they make for actually playing a total of 15 mins out of a three hour long game. heck the base ball players only play maybe a minute or two longer. what a joke.

It's a left turn!

It's another left turn!!!

It's another left turn!
Look! He's turning left into the pit! THEN TURNING LEFT BACK ONTO THE TRACK OHYEAHTHISISAGREATCOMPETITIONNOWONDERABUNCHOFDRUNKREDNECKSCONSISTOF90PERCENTOFTHEIRFANBASE
You OBVIOUSLY don't know NASCAR.
This Sundays race....

infineonraceway_nascar-1792.gif

Back
Top Bottom