• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yep, I'm Human!

Retired firefighter, exercise nut, ate mostly healthy....etc. 17 days ago I drug a big deer out of the woods and soon after had chest pain and pain in jaws. Immediately recognizing these as signs of a cardiac event I went to ER. Long story short, 70% blockage in one artery, all others were clear, no heart damage but they did put a stent in. Was discharged day after catheter procedure. On blood thinners, cholesterol meds. Down 20 lbs, 20 more to go to get to target weight of 205. Cholesterol down to 163. Lots of anxiety since it happened cause I have always been 10 ft tall and bullet proof. I feel better now than before this happened. Eating clean, no salt, or processed sugars. Going for followup Nov. 3, went 1.5 miles today, and going to cardiac rehab soon. Anyone who can offer advice, their experience or encouragement it is appreciated. New lease on life. Actually glad it was found because I would have probably not made diet and lifestyle changes and eventually had 100% blockage. Every day is a gift. I love my buddies I have made on here through the years and this is the only place I have shared this. My doctor said I had nothing to be ashamed about as my fitness level was great, but I along with millions of other Americans are subjected to the "western diet" of processed foods. I no longer ascribe to the western diet and purpose to eat clean as long as possible. Thanks in advance for info and experience.
Billy hate to hear, but the alternative is as we both know could be far worse… Couple questions, are you on any Statins? or did they just start those. Talk to me about family history? Any dad, uncles, or brothers positive for coronary disease?

Glad your coming good… meet you a few times and we had a good conversation… never figured you to be the type to have ANY ISSUES… if you don’t mind could you tell us what helped you dropped the 20 lbs?
We've been doing keto for going on 18 months now. Cutting out the bread, pasta and rice alone caused me to drop 26 lbs. and I've still kept it off. Started at 224, holding steady at 198. Not exactly the best heart friendly diet, but really needed to get the weight off.

My heart doctor after finding out I love to deer hunt immediately told me to never try to drag a deer through the woods because he's seen way too many heart attacks caused by exactly that! Good advice especially for us old goats! Glad to hear you caught it early and that you're improving daily...........

Glad your coming good… meet you a few times and we had a good conversation… never figured you to be the type to have ANY ISSUES… if you don’t mind could you tell us what helped you dropped the 20 lbs?
Appetite and anxiety afterwards. I am eating clean also, no salt, refined sugar, trans fats...etc. No processed foods, around 1400 calories a day plus I walk as much as possible. Did 2 miles today so far. Just eating clean and exercise.

Billy hate to hear, but the alternative is as we both know could be far worse… Couple questions, are you on any Statins? or did they just start those. Talk to me about family history? Any dad, uncles, or brothers positive for coronary disease?
Just started on statins(Lipitor) after stent. My mother's side has heart issues. Uncle's, aunts, grandmother. I am thankful I just had one partial blockage. All else was clear.

Just started on statins(Lipitor) after stent. My mother's side has heart issues. Uncle's, aunts, grandmother. I am thankful I just had one partial blockage. All else was clear.
Been on a statin for 20 years… had 3% calcification on a 3d Ct 20 years ago at 40 just had one done.. I still have 3%..
My Dad died at 61 from heart disease..none of his brothers made it out of their 50’s,..

It was a no brainer for me and Statins are a very benign drug.

Back
Top Bottom