Yea, so this happened

I'm taking this and the clouds in the sky as my signs to not cut grass today
I was planing to cut mine too, and now I am taking your posting as a message to my soul. So, be still my soul, no grass cutting today. :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

Same thing happened to my dad almost 20 years ago. He was out mulching leaves and they piled up in front of the muffler. Caught fire so he coasted down to the street. By the time he got to the house for an abc it was engulfed. Two extinguishers didnt even phase it with a full tank of fuel. He just sat and watched it burn.

About an hour later he went inside to find our dog dead from old age. I told him this was the makings of a good country song.
You ain't kiddin......

Man!! Sorry to hear that. The good news is, you weren't hurt. But having to shell out a bunch of money is horrible.
My Dad at about 80yrs old rolled one over on top of him in a similar situation. Wound up with a fire truck to get it off of him. Then had to have rotator cuff surgery. He's always ran equipment on the edge. Well it finally caught up with him. I wasn't there when it happened

My zero, caught fire yesterday.
Apparently the carb bowl stuck and flooded the engine. Then when I tried to start it, the raw fuel went into the exhaust and flames were everywhere. So I was afraid to let go of the starter because I figured it would torch off and engulf it. So I was tossing the starter fluid and tools off into the yard, before I let go and the flames kept getting wider and bigger. But when finally I did let go the flames quit after a few moments.
Pushed that heavy beast back to the shop about an acre away, and was able to start it again later. Drove it a few feet and hit a bump and the belt broke and the engine flooded again.
So now I have a cheap carb ordered…and I’m going lawn mower shopping. Sigh

Back
Top Bottom