• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

XD-40 Laser?

m88dad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Don't laugh, but I want to put a laser on my Springfield XD-40 Compact. I've never used a laser before, I've heard that the green ones are easier to see than the red ones, but I don't know much else besides that.

Any suggestions?

Green..Red...preference. I don't think the there is enough difference to justify the difference in the price. I have a TLR2s that is on my AR15 at the moment. They are fun to play with and not a bad tool for bringing cats into range if mounted on an air rifle. As far as tactical use, I know some people use them for the deterrence factor but as far as using it solely as an aiming aid I don't really like them at close range point shooting is much more effective and quick, the reason the TLR2s is on my AR is because I was going to mount a TLR1 and got the TLR2S at a steal. If you were closer to me I would be happy to show you and let you play with the TLR2s.

My view, they are fun, don't get me wrong, everyone who plays with mine gets a kick out of it, but it isn't something I am a huge fan of for defensive purposes. Now, the IR lasers with Night vision, different ball game.

Back
Top Bottom