• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

X/S Sight Systems--Great Service

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
46   0
Reaction score
Short story--They have great customer service.

Long Story--

I bought a scout mount rail on clearance from an internet gun parts store. In the "it was too good to be true" category, it did not come with any mounting hardware. I received a rail, that was it. I needed to come up with two screws and a proprietary dovetail mount system. Later, I poked around on the seller's web sight and learned that they do sell all of the normal kit's parts individually for a total price that exceeds the MSRP of the entire kit. The dovetail mount parts are even separated, and those, alone, exceed the kit retail price. Don't forget shipping and handling on each order.

Feeling like I was set up by the seller, I did not want to call the seller. I called XS Sights to see if they would sell me the hardware. They did, for free. They also stated that, normally, the rail is only sold with the kit.

I am withholding the seller's name to prevent anyone from abusing the good nature of X/S. But, beware of any retailer selling the Scout Mount Rail if it does not indicate the included parts.

I will post some pics when the hardware arrives and the project is complete.

Wow, what a timely post. I was getting ready to post something similar praising XS. I had set of ghost ring sights I purchased a long time ago and recently bought a lever rail to add to the same gun. Being that the rail elevates the rear aperture, it requires a taller front sight to accommodate it. Call them up and they sent me a taller front sight at no extra charge. After installing it and test firing, the gun was still shooting too high. I called them back and after a a few questions, they sent me another front sight free of charge. In both instances, I received the parts within two days. Great CS for sure.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A few pics of the finished product.
The red dot is a temporary fix.....I think.

The fit was not perfect. I lengthened the part that over hangs the receiver by filing the shoulder back to get the holes to line up--that was a little tricky.

The two small holes were not aligned with this rifle's holes. I am guessing that when the gun was built at the factory the holes were not always tapped in the same relative position in that they do not have to be in order for a two piece mount to be used.

Next, I plan shoot it without the scope to see if I can mark a spot on the rear edge of the mount to index the front sight off of for a backup system.

Back
Top Bottom