• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTF PepBoys????

The only thing I ever had Pepboys do was put new tires on a truck I was going to trade in and I NEVER just drop my autos off ANYWHERE! Sorry to hear about your car but I think it will be hard to prove, IMO......

Thanks to the genuineness of one of our members... I checked out my progressive snapshot app...

Proof the car not only was running, it was driven.

IMG_20210508_153619_(1).png

I hate this sort of stuff. I had new shocks put on a car just after I'd done my shoulder and couldn't do it. New young idiot at the workshop was telling me when I picked it up "hadn't driven one of these before, wow, really torquey, they really go" and happy grinning as if I'm going to laugh along and go "great, you thrashed my vehicle, thats awesome". Won't name and shame the shop because they booted him pretty quick, amazing how many people one bad employee can piss off. This was an independant shop but, I guess at the chain places the idiots get to settle in for a long career.

They drained the oil and forgot to fill it up and ran it...that's what happened.

Anderson Chevrolet dealer in Marietta in the 1960's did that to a friend of mine's almost new car. He drove it around front for him to pick up and when he cranked it noticed a noise. Checked and no oil. They filled it and he drove that car till he wore out the drivers door hinge, replaced that and kept on driving it.

Chances are that they drove it a little more than around the parking lot if it is knocking.

Back
Top Bottom