WTB - Tires & wheels for Jeep Cherokee or Wrangler

jeepinshep

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Wife had a blow-out in the Cherokee yesterday (fortunately it was in the parking lot of our apartments).

The tire that blew out had more tread than the rest of them. Upon inspection I realized that, while all the tires had decent tread left, they have started cracking (dry rot???). So I decided not to buy just one tire and chance one of the other three blowing out on the highway.

The wheels aren't in great shape, and they're just the stock wheels from the '96 Cherokee, so I wouldn't mind replacing those at the same time.

What I need is a set of 4 (or, preferably, 5) tires with lots of tread left. I believe the ones on the Jeep right now are 275/70/15. The bolt pattern on the wheels is 5x4.5. So wheels from a 97-06 Wrangler, 96-02 Cherokee (possibly older models as well), or a Ford Ranger will all fit.

I could care less about what the wheels look like, I just need the tires to have lots of tread life.

I can spend up to $200, but would prefer to barter. I have lots of stuff for sale/trade which include furniture, bedroom set, like-new Dewalt 18v drill, Canon photo printer, brand-new Singer sewing machine (wife just had to have it.....and has never used it), Gold's Gym elliptical, poker chip sets, computer accessories, baby crib, car seats, toddler clothes, 32" TV and more. Let me know what you're interested in and we can work something out.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom