• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTB 1923 Ford T Bucket, up and running

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
About 10 years ago I built a 23 T Bucket. Had an old fiberglass body and a new chromed out Spirit Cars chassis, crate 350 engine with a big Holly 4 barrel, huge back tires and skinnies up front. Drove it all the time and hit all the shows around the Cobb and Douglas County areas. Bad thing was it didn't have opening doors and my wife and I are both getting up in years and throwing the old leg over the side to get in was just not worth the effort. After my wife got a nasty burn on her leg getting in and another one on her arm while polishing the headers it was out of here. Sold it last year through Street Side Motors and got a good price for it.

Now I'm wanting another one. Tried to talk my wife into a VW dune buggy but she is just not having it. So, anyone got a T bucket, with opening doors sitting in their garage or barn they want to get rid of reasonably? Might even be up for a trade of silver or guns or what not.

Would not be adverse to a Total Performance T even if it is 10 or 20 years old. Doors and a top are pretty high on the list, type motor is open and of course it has to be automatic since there is no room to put a clutch.

I have one, but no doors or top. Nice 350 Chevy, metric 200 trans, ford 8 inch. The car could use some TLC, but it’s a running, driving car as it sits…12.5k
4FDA3093-C079-4F9E-B0D2-952FF9FFE24E.jpeg

It's a shame you sold it and now want to replace it. Nice car. But I get not being able to get in and out of. Maybe a different style car might be in order

It's a shame you sold it and now want to replace it. Nice car. But I get not being able to get in and out of. Maybe a different style car might be in order
Got my heart set on a bucket, gotta have doors. I've had other hotrods, 1942 Ford Fordor that I spent a ton of money on and spent 5 years building it, 1952 Chevy, 1962 Chevy, 1973 VW Beetle Super, and the T was the last. Not even sure I'll be able to swing it since the shop that helped me build all the cars said, as I drove the T bucket out, we aren't ever going to build another hotrod, we make more money on brake jobs than we do on custom builds.

I have one, but no doors or top. Nice 350 Chevy, metric 200 trans, ford 8 inch. The car could use some TLC, but it’s a running, driving car as it sits…12.5kView attachment 6218393
Thanks, that is a nice looking bucket and I can see the potential but doors are a must. Who made the body and chassis? Drum brakes in the rear? Seatbelts? How big is the gas tank? Pictures of the rear?

Don’t know on the body chassis…I guess I could go look. One seatbelt for both occupants. 10 gallon tank, drum rear, disc front. I have new finned aluminum valve covers with matching air filter, and a new lokar shifter…the car is at a neighbors place right now, I guess I’ll go get it tomorrow and shoot the pics you ask for.

Got my heart set on a bucket, gotta have doors. I've had other hotrods, 1942 Ford Fordor that I spent a ton of money on and spent 5 years building it, 1952 Chevy, 1962 Chevy, 1973 VW Beetle Super, and the T was the last. Not even sure I'll be able to swing it since the shop that helped me build all the cars said, as I drove the T bucket out, we aren't ever going to build another hotrod, we make more money on brake jobs than we do on custom builds.
I've watched both my Wife's and my parents age. So I see what we're in for if we're lucky. So looking ahead, I keep these things in mind.....

Don’t know on the body chassis…I guess I could go look. One seatbelt for both occupants. 10 gallon tank, drum rear, disc front. I have new finned aluminum valve covers with matching air filter, and a new lokar shifter…the car is at a neighbors place right now, I guess I’ll go get it tomorrow and shoot the pics you ask for.
Thanks for the info. Take your time, I'm having to wait on the insurance adjuster to let me know what they are going to pay on the new roof. During the hurricane winds messed up my roof and made a waterfall into my office, screwing up the ceiling sheetrock (it's still spongy to the touch). So, either they will pay or I will pay. If I pay then I won't be able to buy anything anytime soon.

I've watched both my Wife's and my parents age. So I see what we're in for if we're lucky. So looking ahead, I keep these things in mind.....
For sure, one minute in 1968 I was graduating high school, 2 years later I was in the Air Force and spent 23 years doing that, traveling all over the world. 1992 I was working for Toys R Us, 1993 I was managing a store for Toys R Us, 1995 I was working at a Deaf service center, and now I work with Sign Language interpreters and have done that for 25 years. You blink twice and most of your life is over. You have to find your fun where you can but at the same time, keep an eye out for the grim reaper or preferably Jesus coming back for us. You never know what is going to happen but be prepared and that means having your affairs in order and all your stuff labeled so your wife doesn't have to figure out what to do with your "stuff" after you are gone.

Back
Top Bottom