• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you train with this company?

That it is. I don't visit here often anymore just because of how close minded people are around here. It's all "my way or the highway" and not "I won't judge until I try it"

Seems like you could defend your position instead of resorting to insults.
You like this kind of training and see merit, then support that. Getting all upset because others don't isn't very "open minded" of you.

Seems like you could defend your position instead of resorting to insults.
You like this kind of training and see merit, then support that. Getting all upset because others don't isn't very "open minded" of you.
I didn't insult anyone. I merely stated my opinion and why I don't visit here anymore.

OK, then would you mind clarifying for me what was being taught there? I respect your opinion and you were there...tell us.
That drill was simulating you getting in a scuffle and then gaining the upper hand but the assailants buddy was coming at you as well. So you stopped the threat between your legs then engaged the threat coming at you.

You never know until you try though. I wouldn't have tried it on my own but I ended up going for free. Yeager gave me the class. I would happily go back and pay for the next time.
I get that. But here's my hang up....I don't even want to try. Not just TR but so many other people/companies put up such a humongous red flag for whatever reason that it puts people off to the point of not even initiating contact. Then, those that weren't put off say, "Yeah, but you didn't even try it" - and they're right - but my point is that as someone selling something, I don't have to try it if you don't make it appealing to me. And as I've said since day one, I guess I'm just not his demographic.

That drill was simulating you getting in a scuffle and then gaining the upper hand but the assailants buddy was coming at you as well. So you stopped the threat between your legs then engaged the threat coming at you.
In that context, it makes sense. I'll retract my comment then. :yo:

In that context, it makes sense. I'll retract my comment then. :yo:
Would you even be willing to edit prior comments?

And to reply to the other post, yes they can be a little brash but at the end of the day they are teaching you to fight with a pistol. they are teaching you to put holes in threats. There's nothing nice about it and thus the brashness. Would you take a course if I paid half?

Back
Top Bottom