• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wood stock 10/22 take down rifle

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
So I bought a stock from a co-worker for $20 and figured it would make a fun project for my take down rifle. So here is the work by hand with chisel and carving knives. First part was making the cut after some measuring. Done with a miter box, you know the cheap $10 plastic one you get from Home Depot.

With the rough in complete my next days off I will sand the inside areas and smooth everything up and even things up a little better where I have inlet the stock. From the looks I might be off just a hair on one side but some sanding will fix that.

After that it will be strip, sand, stain, and refinish. Debating on putting epoxy in the ends of the wood to help harden things up a bit where try meet. If not I think the assembly and dissambly will work on the grain and finish.

I am waiting on an aluminum sliver butt plate from Numerich Arms. Also worth mentioning I took the metal trigger guard and barrel band from my other 10/22 and put it on. I figured it was probably more durable then the plastic stuff.

I guess I should have saved my factory stock and barrel instead of giving them to Dobbs and tried this. However, Bryan does some interesting stuff in his shop.

Back
Top Bottom