• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wood Gasification

Back in WWI and II they ran city busses on gasified wood all across the UK. They got about 15 miles to a kg of wood.

Has anyone tried this?

I've seen it done on a vehicle. It works. It's not very efficient and is very dangerous when not done correctly. That being said, there are places that build "factory" gasifier vehicles for public transportation.

I saw a discussion on Twitter about it. If this guy had a better connection to the generator I'd feel better about it.

I'm probably going obsess about it like I do other things even though I have no place to work on it yet.

There are some gentlemen on the TV and u tube who demonstrate how to make fuel from corn :car:
Not sure how energy efficient it is, but they seem quite intoxicated with the results.:)

I saw a discussion on Twitter about it. If this guy had a better connection to the generator I'd feel better about it.

I'm probably going obsess about it like I do other things even though I have no place to work on it yet.

It works, and is another tool to use if needed. If you get good parts that aren't rusted and going to explode to build it from; it can be safe. I haven't seen him in a bit, but I have a friend who dabbled in alternate fuels for fun. He had a gasifier he messed around with and a little truck he'd converted to use old cooking oil. Depending on where he picked up the used fry oil from that truck smelled wonderful and made you hungry or just nasty.

It works, and is another tool to use if needed. If you get good parts that aren't rusted and going to explode to build it from; it can be safe. I haven't seen him in a bit, but I have a friend who dabbled in alternate fuels for fun. He had a gasifier he messed around with and a little truck he'd converted to use old cooking oil. Depending on where he picked up the used fry oil from that truck smelled wonderful and made you hungry or just nasty.
The older diesels (before diesel particulate filters) will run on a variety of oils.
There was a local wrecker service that ran off used fryer oil during the summer and it smelled like fried chicken when they went through town :cool:

Back
Top Bottom