• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman intentionally shoots firearms Instructor

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
A tragic example of why I always capitalize the word, Instructor" in all of my posts.

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KLtakX...wMi5odG1s/RS=^ADAe.vxWnCB0R_9DHpzph88.odTvWo-

Every time we as Instructors step on the range there is the potential of being shot or being responsible for someone else being shot thru negligence.... or even on purpose.

It's dangerous enough under normal circumstances but there is always the added risk of people like the man who killed Chris Kyle and the woman in this story who make it even more dangerous.

For those who teach, don't let your guard down & listen to your instincts in addition to watching those muzzles & trigger fingers.

"Lewis lives in a community therapeutic residence, a state-regulated home that provides short-term treatment to people with problems such as alcoholism, drug abuse or mental illness, Donovan said. She lied to the home about where she was going on Monday, he said.Montague was found lying at the edge of a road..." Any instructors do background checks or any kind of evaluation of people amid sign ups before getting on the range? Heck, I guess its no different than a trip to the gun range for most huh? You never know who is next to
You on a lane and ranges dont do any kind of check/ evaluation on people before they go on the range, so I guess its the same for you instructors? gotta just hope for the best and be on alert ALWAYS?

"She didn't even know him to get any inkling to decide that she should do such harm to him," she said. "I don't know how she can live with herself."
WTF?

I think it was just ironic coincidence (and slipshod journalism) that he was a firearms instructor and wound up shot by a crazy lady. He was found on the side of a road near his home. So it wasn't a formal training class on a range like we would all assume. There is probably more to the story than is stated/known.

Back
Top Bottom