• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Woman arrested in her own yard for recording the police

I am now officially convinced that Bear44 must be a defense attorney who spends his life defending the scum of the earth.

Always ready to stand behind the low-life, eh, Bear?

Maybe the cop should've just shot her to neutralize the "threat"?

i is confused... i thought bear's post was in support of the police actions.

mine and many on the other hand were against their action.

We do represent a lot of bad people and most of them are guilty as charged... we also happily represent people who are falsely arrested by some POS dirty cop with a hard on. One of our recent suits got Internal affairs investigation on a few local cops. Hopefully we see them out of work soon.

Jeep, close, but wrong target.

I'm not a defense attorney, fwiw, but I do believe we have certain rights. I also believe that the police are public employees that are supposed to be serving the public. The cop had no reason to order the woman to do anything. He set up the situation where she disobeyed his order. As far as I'm concerned, if a cop creates the confrontation though illegal, unethical, or otherwise improper procedures, it's the cop that is responsible for the outcome, not the citizen.

Right or wrong, what would you have done as the woman?

I would have went inside. Sure, I didn't have to, and it violates my rights. But I would have had a good nights sleep in my bed, not a cell.

As I said before, Officer was in the wrong, but the woman pushed her luck. I don't understand the new fad of arguing your rights to an officer, risking arrest, court fee's etc. When you could simply turn cheek and go on about your day.

Back
Top Bottom