• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife’s new grocery getter!

My wife had a 17 and we really enjoyed it. Got the itch to have a car and have had a 19 Camry since. The explorer rode nice and was comfortable. The newer styling is awesome and the package you got is a beast.

I was blown away no v-8. Seems everything is a turbo v-6. I can’t see the longevity of a the turbo v-6, but I guess we’ll find out.
If it helps, I have a 2013 3.5 eco boost with almost 170k. I had a throttle body go out at about 100k and it’s recently developed a very small oil leak somewhere on top of the motor (haven’t been able to find the exact location) but it’s only leaking enough to sometimes drip a drop onto the exhaust and burn up. Other than that, it’s been great and still has a bunch of power.

If you think the EcoBoost V6 does have enough power… drive one. You will be very surprised. My 2012 F150 crew cab (188k miles) is quick for its size. It’s only 365 HP and the new ones are much stronger. I can only guess what the Explorer will do.

Like I say… test drive one.

If it helps, I have a 2013 3.5 eco boost with almost 170k. I had a throttle body go out at about 100k and it’s recently developed a very small oil leak somewhere on top of the motor (haven’t been able to find the exact location) but it’s only leaking enough to sometimes drip a drop onto the exhaust and burn up. Other than that, it’s been great and still has a bunch of power.
I like to hear that! We maintain our vehicles and drive them for a loooooong while.

Congratulations that's a sharp looking vehicle.
How is the Reliability of the new fords? It looks good but cars other than Toyota scare me these days. I hate how a lot of cars are going tubro and or CVt. I won’t own. Car with either sue to way too many issues.

It looks good though and the room sounds nice. All the fords I been in lately due have some nice bells and whistles.

She always liked Lexus/Toyota and I also have been happy with reliability out of them. That’s one reason I can’t understand why she wanted a Ford. I hope it’s a reliable as my Ford work trucks have been. The technology on these is way beyond anything I expected or need !

Apples to oranges comparison I have a 2007 Escape 4 cyl with 111,000 trouble free miles. The Explorer will most likely be my next and last vehicle as I tend to keep mine for about 15-20 years. Regular and preventive maintenance is the key for longevity.

Congratulations that's a sharp looking vehicle.

Apples to oranges comparison I have a 2007 Escape 4 cyl with 111,000 trouble free miles. The Explorer will most likely be my next and last vehicle as I tend to keep mine for about 15-20 years. Regular and preventive maintenance is the key for longevity.
It’s all about maintenance from new and not beating it to death. My wife definitely isn’t a speed demon or off road enthusiast lol! We plan on keeping it for road trips with the kids for a loooooong while.

Back
Top Bottom