• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why Most Guys Never Kill A Big One

I'm glad that you have 9 bucks over 150" on your wall (some say that with no pics, it never happened, but I'm not that way). Good for you! I have 3 large deer in my trophy room.....a freezer in my garage!!! I have killed all the mature bucks that I care to in my life time. The rest of my hunting will be purely for meat. You are free to kill all the 150 + class bucks you want, but please do not try to inflict your hunting practices on me!!

Antlers make lousy jerky!! :pound::pound::pound:

2012_10272012-Deer_season0005.jpg

This guy was not mounted! The antlers are still on my work bench in the garage.

Last edited:
My hunt last night (I feel) is exactly where the author of this thread was going. I had 2 groups of does come in 5 minutes apart, for a total of 11 doe. If i had shot one of them, ie. "if its brown its down", I would have never had the opportunity to take the buck I took. Patience pays off, if your hunting mature male deer. If your just hunting meat theres nothing wrong w that, more power to you. As far as the killing of young deer, I want my deer population to grow not decrease so I take mature deer rather than bambi w spots still on it.

View attachment 241166

Last edited:
My hunt last night (I feel) is exactly where the aurthor of this thread was going. I had 2 groups of does come in 5 minutes apart, for a total of 11 doe. If i had shot one of them, ie. "if its brown its down", I would have never had the opportunity to take the buck I took. Patience pays off, if your hunting mature male deer. If your just hunting meat theres nothing wrong w that, more power to you. As far as the killing of young deer, I want my deer population to grow not decrease so I take mature deer rather than bambi w spots still on it.

View attachment 241166
I myself would rather have Bambi's daddy or granddaddy

Back
Top Bottom