• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I don't buy knives on the ODT

I would never buy a higher end knife from some random avatar on the internet. I've had good luck buying online, but I always bought from reputable dealers.

Be very careful buying anything from places like eBay, etc. Everything from knives, to musical instruments, to sports trading cards and autographs, optics (obviously), antiques or artifacts, and anything else that can be faked is out there. You better know what you're looking at before you buy something online, or in person if you don't really know what you're looking at. The biggest difference in pawn brokers who stay in business and those who flop are the ones who know what they're doing and those who don't.

I have a bunch of higher end stuff I picked up from the blade show over the years . It seems to be a safe bet . That said I googled fake Bladetechs and it was mainly the higher end ones that popped up

Because half the time they are fake. With the owners unaware or aware and just trying to scam the next guy. Anyone purposely selling a fake knife listing it as real should immediately be banned from ODT.

Knives and especially expensive knives are the most knocked off items on the market. Sorry but I am not going to memorize every screw pattern of every knife on the market to determine what is fake and what is not so I will just pass on all of them unless I am buying from a REPUTABLE dealer.

Exactly why I will not buy gold or silver here. Yup, got a fake.

Back
Top Bottom