• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why doesn't the Mini14 come in .30 Carbine?

Uh the M 14/ M1A or am I missing something.
The Mini-14 is a far smaller receiver - nowhere near enough space (and smaller dimensions) for the chamber and bolt travel.

1692468836635.png

That's of course the whole point and why the Ruger named it the Mini-14. "Mini-14" == miniature M14

Just thought I would add a comment. The OP originally asked why the Ruger Mini-14 does not come in 30 carbine. Yet the answers keep commenting on the 30-30. Not even close to the same round. Hello !!! Did I miss something ? Thanks.

Just thought I would add a comment. The OP originally asked why the Ruger Mini-14 does not come in 30 carbine. Yet the answers keep commenting on the 30-30. Not even close to the same round. Hello !!! Did I miss something ? Thanks.

Good point. I might be partly responsible here.

The reasons (other than case size/receiver strength) are still valid though. Mags would be different, so magwell geometry would be different. Bolt face and ejector would be different. And commercially, when the Mini-14 was developed it would have been competing (unfavorably) with an inexpensive, common, pre-existing gun.

Back
Top Bottom