• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why does this keep happening

Childers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting jamming issues from my Marlin Model 60. It's from 1969. I've completely disassembled the gun and cleaned it. It was nasty. I'm getting better function than before. Yesterday it started jamming constantly. Here are some pictures to show what the bullets that jam look like. It looks like the nose of the bullet is catching something because there is a indentation on every bullet. Half of them bend. I love this gun and want to keep it going. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3023.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3025.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 88
I love mine too, so I know how you feel.

It's clearly a feeding issue.
So either the bolt isn't going back as far as it should which will allow the round to come up a little higher before getting pushed forward or there's something up on the feed ramp/track.
I'm at work, so I don't have mine to look at, but if you take the stock back off and take some closeups I can compare it to mine if you would like and get back to you tonight....

Was it doing this before you cleaned it up? Mine never did miss a lick, I just felt it was time to show it a little thanks....

Might even be a little something stuck in the chamber...????
(At the top if that's the way it's folding the bullets or on the bottom if it's folding them the other way.

Wow.

How often you clean it? Dirty .22 ammo coating up the feed ramp?

Internal mag has been weakened and not feeding properly?

Dunno but interested to find out.

I guess you could test the magazine problem by loading it to the brim.
If the first couple are ok and then you have a problem (and you can do it a couple of times in a row), that would prove that...

Wow.

How often you clean it? Dirty .22 ammo coating up the feed ramp?

Internal mag has been weakened and not feeding properly?

Dunno but interested to find out.

I'd guess I had 20k rounds through mine at least before I ever did more than punch the barrel.
They're pretty hardy guns.

I'll check it out either tonight or tomorrow. It's had jamming issues off and on since I picked it up used. It's gotten worse. It was only occasional when I got it. The full disassembly was to cure the jamming problem.

The bolt is going forward and the bullet jams/bends to the right if you were looking straight down the barrel from the stock if that helps. There were a couple jams were the bullet never made it into the action before it jammed

I'll check it out either tonight or tomorrow. It's had jamming issues off and on since I picked it up used. It's gotten worse. It was only occasional when I got it. The full disassembly was to cure the jamming problem.

The bolt is going forward and the bullet jams/bends to the right if you were looking straight down the barrel from the stock if that helps. There were a couple jams were the bullet never made it into the action before it jammed

Sounds like the one I sold to a dealer for 20 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom