Why carry a spare mag? (Carry fail confession )

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
So here is my #carryfail.

First off, i always carry a spare mag for several reasons. My carry set up is as seen below...

20180425_221656.jpg

So, its often asked why should you carry a spare mag. Tonight, i experienced one of the benefits of carrying a spare. Because it turned out to be my primary :doh:

I was doing some fitness and firearms training this afternoon/evening and it involved various training aids/tools/devices that you put in YOUR pistol for pistol drills. Anywho, kiddos wanted to go to the park and I reconfigured my pistol for carry real quick before runnin out to the park with them. However it was amidst diaper changes, letting dogs out, etc. In so doing that, i did not check my rig i was tinkering with before leaving (which i always do). At the park, i noticed my rig felt different. I reached and felt and sure enough...well, see for yourself

20180425_221737.jpg

Notice anything missing? Maybe that lil device that holds all the pew pew!? :sad:

As seen in the first pic, i had my spare which i was able to pop in the pistol real quick but i thought to myself...just lost tacticool points on this one :laugh: but maybe gained a point back for the spare mag:rockon:

So, lesson learned is always gear check before ya leave. Hey at least the spare mag on me had hollow points and not snap caps which my training mags have :bounce:.

****ANYONE ELSE WANNA SHARE A "CARRY CONFESSION"?*** #carryfail

Why was the mag removed in the first place?

Because i was using different training mags and other things. Even different training recoil spring and barrel was/is used, they give me slide cycle/laser pulse and recoil in dry fire (at least i put all those parts back haha). The last mag i had in it while training was a dry fire mag which gives consecutive trigger pulls without having to rack slide everytime with a stock glock trigger pull weight or youbcan adjust the weight lighter or heavier than stock trigger pull. I took it out and Then got busy doing other things and did not put in a loaded mag

I always carry a spare myself for a few reasons. That is definitely not a senario that I would have dreamed up though. I can't imagine how naked and vulnerable I would felt had I done the same and not had a spare.

I always carry a spare myself for a few reasons. That is definitely not a senario that I would have dreamed up though. I can't imagine how naked and vulnerable I would felt had I done the same and not had a spare.

Haha right!? :pound:
Yeah, would have felt a lot more vulnerable with nothing but a glock paper weight and that be the time ya need to use it.

Because i was using different training mags and other things. Even different training recoil spring and barrel was/is used, they give me slide cycle/laser pulse and recoil in dry fire (at least i put all those parts back haha). The last mag i had in it while training was a dry fire mag which gives consecutive trigger pulls without having to rack slide everytime with a stock glock trigger pull weight or youbcan adjust the weight lighter or heavier than stock trigger pull. I took it out and Then got busy doing other things and did not put in a loaded mag
Got ya I was thinking storage.
Should have know since it was you. LOL

Back
Top Bottom