• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who remembers Billy

My Dad bought a couple six packs of Billy Beer back in the late 1970s. When he moved to his last home around 2003 we found it in the basement. Some cans were badly bulged; we opened one of the non-bulged, non-moldy cans and the beer didn't smell good. We didn't taste it. We ended up throwing it all out.
( We probably should have saved the good cans to sell to a collector, but instead we tossed it all. It was a busy weekend.)

My Dad bought a couple six packs of Billy Beer back in the late 1970s. When he moved to his last home around 2003 we found it in the basement. Some cans were badly bulged; we opened one of the non-bulged, non-moldy cans and the beer didn't smell good. We didn't taste it. We ended up throwing it all out.
( We probably should have saved the good cans to sell to a collector, but instead we tossed it all. It was a busy weekend.)
One of those "reality" shows (of an auction house, I think) had someone come in with a full case. Expecting to make a killing with it. They all but laughed them out of the place.

One of those "reality" shows (of an auction house, I think) had someone come in with a full case. Expecting to make a killing with it. They all but laughed them out of the place.
My favorite story about Billy Carter was when we had the Embargo with Libya. They had a bunch of airplanes over at Martin Marietta that belong to the libyans but they couldn't deliver them because of the Embargo. If you went by you could see him sitting on there Runaway for years. Anyway, the way The Story Goes is that the Libyan government offered Billy Carter $60,000 to talk to his brother who was president at the time to release the airplanes. So, Billy took the money went and spoke to his brother and then came back to the libyans and said " Jimmy said no " and kept the money. I don't know if this is true but it's the story I got.

Back
Top Bottom