• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who mounts a Nightforce on a Marlin levergun!?

Nice rifle. I'm all about quality equipment. In my opinion, that's an awful lot of scope for that rifle. Generally a lever doesn't have that kind of accuracy to warrant such a good scope. This is where a Nikon or a vintage Redfield would do. A Leupold would be my max. And really only on a 45-70 due to the recoil. The only way I'd spend that kind of money on a scope for a lever gun would be if I needed a night vision scope. I'm willing to bet you already had the scope. So instead of spending money to buy another scope, you used that one. I've done that.
Looking forward to pics of hunt

Yep. This was the “smallest” spare scope I had lying around.

I wouldn‘t say it’s too much scope. 2.5x is a very nice bottom-end for wooded areas, it only has a 32mm objective, and it’s a light, compact scope. Just because it goes up to 10x doesn’t mean that I’ll use the top end of the magnification range. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I wouldn‘t say it’s too much scope. 2.5x is a very nice bottom-end for wooded areas, it only has a 32mm objective, and it’s a light, compact scope. Just because it goes up to 10x doesn’t mean that I’ll use the top end of the magnification range. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Spare scope lying around? This is the **** I'm talking about. The gubment pays too much.

I didn't realize the specs on the scope. The objective may be a little small for light gathering capabilities. But it is a Nightforce. So it may be better than most of that size

I didn't realize the specs on the scope. The objective may be a little small for light gathering capabilities. But it is a Nightforce. So it may be better than most of that size

I have two of these scopes. I used the other last month for elk in Montana, on a Weatherby 307 .280AI. Took 2 elk with it, later in the day, both at 400yds, and the snow was falling heavily. She was plenty bright.
IMG_9330.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom