• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who makes the most cost effective suppressors? Something for occassional use?

"" probably more like a couple times year.""

Maybe its my cheap self but for a few times a year I believe i would have to go with a 22 cal air Pistol and save myself Hundreds of dollars and the 22cal cal will dispatch most critters alot quieter.

You don't want to go cheap with NFA items, you go with what you really want and try to find the best price.

For 22lr, the mask is King. Weight is its only negative, which isn't bad, but compared to some that weigh next to nothing...

For 9mm, Obsidian is very popular for many reasons, but sound being a very good reason. The R9 will not be as quiet, but definitely a good option.

For quietly taking out critters around the neighborhood, this is what you seek:
View attachment 4602957
you can also suppress 556 and 308(16" barrel) with a R9...

If you buy through a place like Silencer Shop you'll avoid a 100 transfer fee at the FFL. If you order something, have it sent to an FFL store, you might end up spending just as much with fees and hassles.
Buy through me, same as silencer shop as far as paperwork, cheaper prices.😎

Downside is if you aren't local you have to make one trip to the beautiful north GA mountains when it's approved. But if we have the time and weather permitting you can dump some mags through it at my range if you're polite, nice, and not a moron.

silencers are never "cost effective". There's the sunk $200 and basically no used/trade in value because the stamp and process is a (an unconstitutional) pain in the dick.

my vote is that you pick something reasonably cheap that does a bunch of things pretty well. What you want to suppress now is likely not what you'll want to suppress later. Get something that does an OK job at a bunch of different roles, see how you like it, and then go from there.

if you're in marietta you'd be welcome to shoot my can(s) on your stuff and see if you like it and want to deal with the process.

Reactions: A34
silencers are never "cost effective". There's the sunk $200 and basically no used/trade in value because the stamp and process is a (an unconstitutional) pain in the dick.

my vote is that you pick something reasonably cheap that does a bunch of things pretty well. What you want to suppress now is likely not what you'll want to suppress later. Get something that does an OK job at a bunch of different roles, see how you like it, and then go from there.

if you're in marietta you'd be welcome to shoot my can(s) on your stuff and see if you like it and want to deal with the process.
That's very kind, thank you Sir!

Back
Top Bottom