• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else has run into a shipping facility owner that doesn't know gun shipping law?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
The independent place I did all my long gun and handgun shipping through without any problems at all closed down. We have such facility that is supposedly owned by a Veteran. I went in and inquired about shipping a RIFLE to upper GA and the first words out of his mouth were that it had to be shipped FEDEX overnight. WRONG! I politely told him it's not a handgun and long guns can be shipped UPS ground. He then replied that only if you take the gun directly to the UPS shipping facility in Brunswick. WRONG again. It amazes me that these people are in the shipping business for 20yrs according to him and do not know the law. How many people took his WRONG information and paid for overnight shipping of a long gun and basically got ripped off because of ignorance.

The local UPS outlet refuses to ship guns at all so I'll try USPS and see if they know their own policy but I am not holding my breath.

UPS just told me that they do not allow private people to ship guns to each other even IAW federal law. They want you to ship through an FFL!!
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...es/firearms.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=firearms

Last edited:
Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities).
Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, UPS On-Call Pickup®, or at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer.

It's even worse than what I thought. I just got off chat with UPS and I was told that UPS does NOT allow a private non licensed person to ship ANY gun to another private non licensed person in their own state. Even if IAW federal ATFE law it is perfectly legal as long as both are residents of the same state or active stationed in the same state.

It's even worse than what I thought. I just got off chat with UPS and I was told that UPS does NOT allow a private non licensed person to ship ANY gun to another private non licensed person in their own state. Even if IAW federal ATFE law it is perfectly legal as long as both are residents of the same state or active stationed in the same state.

Well that sucks. I would try Fed-Ex. Even if USPS will ship it, would you really want them to?

Back
Top Bottom