• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who can we use for shipping long guns now?

kobra kommander

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
40   0
Reaction score
I have a few rifles I was thinking about putting up on gunbroker but remembered hearing shippers are stonewalling non FFL holders now. If this is the case, who can we use to ship firearms now? Anyone here shipped a rifle recently, and who did you use?

I have a few rifles I was thinking about putting up on gunbroker but remembered hearing shippers are stonewalling non FFL holders now. If this is the case, who can we use to ship firearms now? Anyone here shipped a rifle recently, and who did you use?

I’ve shipped a couple through usps recently with no issues. Got tracking info and proof of delivery too. They have implemented a surcharge for packages over 30” but the buyers were paying for the shipping anyway.

USPS is the only way I will ship long guns. I am retired from the PO and trust them to deliver.

With that being said, their insurance is a SCAM. I mailed a 1906 Winchester to a friend who is a gunsmith in upstate New York for him to reline the barrel. I insured the gun for $700 and when he got the package, it was torn open at one end and the bluing on the trigger guard and part of the barrel was scratched down to bare metal. I filed a claim online and attached before and after pictures of both the package and the gun and the claim was denied. I appealed the denial and it was denied again and appealed again and again it was denied. You are only allowed two appeals on line.

This happened in January 2022 and there is an ongoing lawsuit with the Post Office over this claim. I have been told that the "final response" to the lawsuit is "in the mail", so one way or the other the end of that saga is near.

If/when you use the Post Office to ship your rifles/shotguns, don't waste the extra money for the insurance. They will not pay, even when it is proven it was their fault.

UPS, Fedex or USPS for long guns. It used to be that a non FFL could ship a handgun via UPS or Fedex but they have changed their policy and no longer allow it.
UPS no longer accepts rifles at their Service Centers. You have to print a label and only FFLs can print labels for rifles. I used shipmygun and insured a Garand. It arrived with the stock broken and it took them 6 weeks to pay the fully insured amount. Now Buds has the Garand and will just buy a replacement stock and sell it. NEVER AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom