• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

• Total voters
John Deere. I have had most of the other brands break on me in some way or another. Never could break the John Deere. Ran like a top for years until I sold it. Sold it for good money too because it was a John Deere. They hold resale value better.

dacda8c7d94c9c98493d71f3eed85303.jpg
96c92565494df81d939882cda1a32e3b.jpg

With some grass that needs mowing

Nice rig! I’m jealous.

Chipping in with another 2 cents: Agree that the entry-level riders from the big box stores are pretty much all MTD products these days. For your small lawn, any of them will do the job, and you should probably focus on features and price, look for a sale, maintain the machine reasonably, and plan on replacing it after about 7 or 8 years.

I bought a "pro-sumer" level Ariens Zoom XL zero turn from Home Depot a few years ago. Splurged for upgraded motor, transmissions, welded deck. It's a nice machine, but there is zero service support from Home Depot.

Just bought a mower...1/2 acre. My brother in law works at home depot. He said that they rarely see Honda's come back. instead of the $2k rider, I purchased a $600 Honda. it is self propelled and walk at your own pace. I'm pleased with the purchase.

Just bought a mower...1/2 acre. My brother in law works at home depot. He said that they rarely see Honda's come back. instead of the $2k rider, I purchased a $600 Honda. it is self propelled and walk at your own pace. I'm pleased with the purchase.

They do make good stuff.

I have one of these self-propelled Hondas... Great for the smaller stuff and inside the fenced area..... For the other 4 1/2 acres, I use the Exmark ZTR

Everywhere I research, it says zero turn mowers are recommended on flat terrain with obstacles, but not on sloped or steep terrain. That is where the more typical front engine models excel. Is that because of the rear engine or the ability to turn quickly might flip or what ? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom