• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which .22 suppressor?

alleycat

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Cosmoline Junkie
902   0
Reaction score
Educate me....I see the Guardian .22 cans for $149 and the Sparrow .22 cans for $369. Why is there such a difference in cost between these two?

OP they are of different quality and design. The amount of machine work that goes into the sparrow is much more intensive than the Guardian. One is a monocore, the other is encased baffles. The sparrow is considered by many to be the best 22 can out, and the G22AL is more of a budget minded can. Both are great though. One is just a little nicer than the other. Both offer very easy to clean designs.

I have Guardians of all flavors in stock and more Sparrows about to be here. Spectres are in stock too.

I went with the AAC Element 2. I paid $360 plus taxes but got the $200 rebate. I don't have it so I can speak for the can itself. But I hear good things about it.

I have an aluminum guardian that I upgraded to the stainless Kestrel baffles (which all the stainless guardians have now BTW). It is larger than the sparrow which I actually like, it is not noticeably louder than the sparrow, and with the stainless steel fully encapsulated baffles disassembly and cleaning is a snap.

For ease of cleaning I would go with a stainless can, but beyond that pick the one that best fits your budget/needs. I'm happy with my Guardian and I would buy another one if I needed a second rimfire can.

I"m looking at 22 cans as well. I am pretty set on the sparrow but what advantage is there with the spectre? It would see 90% use on 22lr pistols/rifles (my guess would be pistols mostly, as bulk pack is subsonic thru 4" barrel from what I've been told). Mostly Ruger Mark II hosts. Occasionally 10/22 and 77/22 and maybe contender hosts. I have 22hornet and 218 bee that might be fun to thread but I can't see them being as much fun to shoot as they are not subsonic...

so am I on the right track to be looking at a sparrow? cost isn't a big deal, once you add in the wait time and tax, the price difference is moot to me.

Back
Top Bottom