• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where Would I Have the Best Chance of Finding a Business Partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not bid the job and contract it out.

You said too many guys and too much work, that equation shouldn’t equal no capital, find out where the money suck is and trim the fat to keep the current work load and more money(profit) rolling in.
I already have some subs that'll take as much work off my hands as they can. Problem is each crew is 4-5 guys. I'd be covering the mobilization, hotel, and gas till a week of onboarding is done. I'm still a small company and my resources are limited.

Why not just do the best you can with the business you can handle ?

Don’t take on any more work than you can do , and figure out if you can raise prices or whatever to make it more profitable for the work that you do take on .

I used to do a lot of handyman stuff and I got good at turning down work , and raising prices until it balanced out .

I thought you were going to do contract security work? You seem to be trying to grow to fast throwing money at it will create more problems than it will solve until you are established and have all the right processes in place.

I thought you were going to do contract security work? You seem to be trying to grow to fast throwing money at it will create more problems than it will solve until you are established and have all the right processes in place.
I was but tower work is more profitable, less overhead, and I actually enjoy it. I am trying to get established now which is what this post is all about.

Im confident you will figure it out if youve made it this far. Save your money, keep your head down, work really hard, invest wisely and stay the hell away from drugs and alcohol and you'll be fine.

My .02.
Renegotiate with the sub contractor that can help and guarantee steady work simply to land the contract and work. Task your guys with what you can handle until you can afford transportation and sub out the rest. Take it a bit at a time. Partners complicate things
Hell you made it this far, right?

I just spent almost 3 months jumping through hoops for a career investor. They pulled out after they breached their due diligence period with no reasoning given. I‘ve already lost one contract and now I’m at risk of losing two more. I‘ve had a rough 9 months of what seems like bad luck that’s left me struggling to take care of my family let alone sink more money into my business.

Starting my company took everything I had and I’ve put more effort into this than anything in my life. I did all this to give those I care about a better life and its been nothing but them making sacrifices for me when it should be the other way around. All I want is to work my ass off to build my business and keep my family secure, seems like its been almost impossible.

If anyone could provide me with advise or point me in the right direction it would mean the world to me.

Trying to grow too fast has caused problems for many small businesses .
At least it did for my trucking biz ,
I made so much money with me driving one rig that I bought three more and hired or attempted to hire three drivers .
It was a disaster .
The hired drivers worked almost exactly 66% as hard as I did and were able to damage and destroy trucks and break things like I couldn’t believe .

I finally had enough and just sold them all and got a normal job .

Figure out how to sub contract out the business you already have .

And figure out how to be profitable staying small without alot of overhead

Stay away from partners of any kind. Get a loan before a partner. If you show a track record of profitability and future contracts are documented, you should be able to get financing. NO PARTNER!!!! Subs are a reflection of your company. Be very weary of any sub. They better have all required documentation, licensing and an extensive list of references over the last 5 years or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom