• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are the old dances?

Camper292000

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
Where are the old dances? Like old timey dances on a saturday night. My grandmother is 94 and she mentioned many times going to a dance house on Saturdays. Or maybe I have some fantasy from old western movies where all the cow-pokes and all the farm girls get dressed up and go to a dance.

I feel like our American Dream is that we all have our houses and apartments.....what I call our 'sheetrock boxes' we all live in. Then there's the 'stuff', and the big screen tv or 2 or 3.... Somehow we get ourselves so isolated while surrounded by people. And a lot of people have BIG sheetrock boxes and BIG bills and they work and work to maintain that....

I've been on business trips to Barcelona and Italy.... in the evenings there would be hundreds of people out just strolliing down the town's main street/strip/park. Old people sitting and talking, couples walking and holding hands, kids playing and lovers in dark corners. America doesn't have that.

Where is that smaller community feel? I am married so I'm not looking for a girl, but where are the dances of old?

-Musings from a I-75 / Marietta resident!

LOT OF VFWS , AMERICAN LEGIONS , MOOSE AND ELK CLUBS HAVE FRIDAY OR SATURDAY DANCES . THATS WHERE WE GO. ITS ABOUT AS CLOSE AS IT GETS TO DANCES OF OLD!

Back in Greenville, SC there was some old wooden shack / country place that had a dirt and straw floor and was pretty cool.

I've been to Cowboys before here in Kennesaw.....meh.

Well back then there wasn't anything to do at home but maybe read or do chores. Then radio came along...

Man is a social being but now those kinds of needs are met via the interwebz...plus, suburbia has things strung out.

I'll tell ya, though, if there was a place like what HELVIS88 HELVIS88 has down on the Southside up here in Johns Creek I'd go out more often!

Well back then there wasn't anything to do at home but maybe read or do chores. Then radio came along...

Man is a social being but now those kinds of needs are met via the interwebz...plus, suburbia has things strung out.

I'll tell ya, though, if there was a place like what HELVIS88 HELVIS88 has down on the Southside up here in Johns Creek I'd go out more often!
Made me day lad

Back
Top Bottom